devel - Re: [sympa-dev] An evolution in the Sympa developers community

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] An evolution in the Sympa developers community
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 09:09:22 +0100

Hi,

Le 26/01/11 19:02, Adam Bernstein a écrit :
The idea is: /instead of submitting patches, you would commit
modifications directly to the Sympa subversion repository. Not the
trunk. Some dedicated development branches or the stabilization branches./

Woo-hoooooooo!!!  That is so very exciting.  :)
Isn't it? I was sure you would appreciate this initiative. ;-)

Although I'm eager to start contributing more directly to Sympa, I have no experience with other open source projects, so can't provide any wisdom or advice on how to manage it.  I can't really imagine how it works -- it amazes me that it does -- but I look forward to learning.
If we can't have advices from experienced open source contributors, we'll try it our way. One person at a time. Baby steps and see if it works.

    adam

--
David Verdin
Comité réseau des universités

Due to the limitations of human brain, I fail to remember all the mails.
So if you want your bug reports or feature requests for Sympa to be processed, please post them to the Sympa tracker