devel - [sympa-dev] An evolution in the Sympa developers community

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: Sympa developpers <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] An evolution in the Sympa developers community
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 16:23:27 +0100

Dear Sympa developers,

Last time we checked, there were 211 unresolved bug reports and 328 unanswered feature requests in the Sympa tracker.

That's way too much.

Knowing how many skilled developpers are around, we feel it would be profitable to evolve the way people can contribute to the Sympa project.

The idea is: instead of submitting patches, you would commit modifications directly to the Sympa subversion repository. Not the trunk. Some dedicated development branches or the stabilization branches.

If you're interested in joining the core developpers group - with the all the advantages it provides, namely a free T-shirt from time to time and the undisputed admiration of people at parties - or have any experience in being involved in an open source project, please read the following page on which we laid out our first thoughts.

https://www.sympa.org/internals/become_a_sympa_core_developer

Feel free to modify / comment this page. Any person subscribed sympa-dev can edit it.

Looking forward to read your comments!

With best regards,

The Sympa authors