devel - [sympa-dev] sympa-creation

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Thomas Berry <address@concealed>
  • To: sympa dev <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] sympa-creation
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 23:27:50 -0700

Sympa 6.0.1
observation: shouldn't sympa(creation) just work on automatic list creation? I can see it do things like digest and other activities that the main sympa process should be doing.

Also, we had a few incidents where a list with a blank include.lock file caused the sympa-creation process to hang with high CPU utilization; the last event (viewing the process with strace) was the use of mmap2. We reloaded the list configs for the lists that had the 0-byte include.lock file and it appears to have fix the problem.

Thomas