devel - Re: [sympa-dev] sympa-creation

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Thomas Berry <address@concealed>
  • To: sympa dev <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] sympa-creation
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 11:25:03 -0700

Some of our lists' include.lock file keep getting set to 0 bytes.

I thought our 0 bytes issues was a remnant of the patch we removed on Monday, but some of the lists keep coming up with the symptom.

Any ideas what could be causing this to happen?

This causes problems not only with the sympa-creation process; which hangs from time to time, but also causes a pop-up "Internal server error - review failure to inlude members" in the sympa web interface when an owner managers list members.

Thomas

Thomas Berry wrote:
Sympa 6.0.1
observation: shouldn't sympa(creation) just work on automatic list creation? I can see it do things like digest and other activities that the main sympa process should be doing.

Also, we had a few incidents where a list with a blank include.lock file caused the sympa-creation process to hang with high CPU utilization; the last event (viewing the process with strace) was the use of mmap2. We reloaded the list configs for the lists that had the 0-byte include.lock file and it appears to have fix the problem.

Thomas