devel - [sympa-dev] wiki edit for automatic list creation

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Mark K <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] wiki edit for automatic list creation
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 12:43:11 -0500

After having done some work on my own site with this, I have modified
https://www.sympa.org/manual/list-families#automatic_list_creation to
reflect some extra work that needs to be done. Postfix will reject
email to unknown recipients by default, so you also need to account for
that when doing automatic list creation since you want postfix to
accept mail for aliases that do not yet exist. So I added this line to
main.cf in the example on the wiki:
local_recipient_maps = pcre:/etc/postfix/local_recipient_regexp
unix:passwd.byname $alias_maps

And then:
/etc/postfix/local_recipient_regexp
/^.*-owner\@lists\.domain\.com$/ 1
/^auto-.*\@lists\.domain\.com$/ 1

Now, I also corrected what I think was an error.
The /etc/postfix/transport_regexp example had this line:

/^.*+owner\@lists\.domain\.com$/ sympabounce:

Which I think should be:

/^.*-owner\@lists\.domain\.com$/ sympabounce:

Notice the - instead of +. Sympa does not use an extension for owner
emails.

Also, I think that the

/^.*\@lists\.domain\.com$/ sympa:

line in transport_regexp is unnecessary unless there is more going on
in this example than is mentioned (virtual domain or something). Not
only is is not necessary, but it would be destructive if
lists.domain.com contains anything but sympa lists.

Comments?

--
Mark K