devel - Re: [sympa-dev] address changes: why separate subscriber from owner/moderator?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: Adam Bernstein <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] address changes: why separate subscriber from owner/moderator?
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 10:35:12 +0100

Adam Bernstein wrote:
Sympa folks:

Is there any particular reason (other than easier coding) that the change-address feature of Sympa only changes list subscription addresses, and not owner/moderator addresses? It's always been a source of confusion for our users and extra work for us, and I'm thinking of hacking a little code to make it change owner/moderator addresses in the db and config files, but I wanted to check with you first.
Hi Adam.

This is not so easy. One think we must keep in mind is that some listmaster (address@concealed) may accept some list creation from a particular person but not from another one. That's why on our list server privileged owners are not authorized to add/edit other privileged owners so the initial list creator can't desapear from the list config unless he request for it to a human person.

Change email feature should not be a way to change list owners in way that is not permitted by edit_list.conf

We will pleased to accept a patch for that new feature. This summer the development for alt_email feature will start according to this document : http://www.sympa.org/dev/altemail . When it will be done thje feature you request will have to be integrated with the new version.

Regards
Serge