devel - [sympa-dev] address changes: why separate subscriber from owner/moderator?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Adam Bernstein <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] address changes: why separate subscriber from owner/moderator?
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 16:55:12 -0700

Sympa folks:

Is there any particular reason (other than easier coding) that the change-address feature of Sympa only changes list subscription addresses, and not owner/moderator addresses? It's always been a source of confusion for our users and extra work for us, and I'm thinking of hacking a little code to make it change owner/moderator addresses in the db and config files, but I wanted to check with you first.

Thanks!
ab