devel - Re: [sympa-dev] topics.conf

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Berger <address@concealed>
  • To: Mark K <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] topics.conf
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 17:23:00 +0100

Le jeudi 20 décembre 2007 à 09:52 -0600, Mark K a écrit :
> On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 10:16:48 +0100
> Olivier Salaün <address@concealed> wrote:
>
> > Hi Mark,
> >
> > Mark K a écrit :
> > > I am setting up an installation of sympa inside of my company. I am
> > > very pleased with sympa. My first suggestion is to flesh out the
> > > SOAP interface more. I'm sure this is on the agenda and I am
> > > willing to try to help out some, too.

FYI, we are pretty much doing the same thing for PicoForge
(picoforge.org) where we integrate Sympa in the forge (whose core is
operated by phpgroupware modules) using SOAP.

I'm not so sure at the moment of exactly how I did it, but the topic
creation was certainly something missing compared to before using SOAP,
when we would modify the files running scripts hacking stuff in the
background. Now, we can only use createList in the SOAP API which no
longer modifies topics.conf.

I think that we're now creating the lists with topics which are not
present in topics.conf.

That means that these topics are not presented in WWS UI, but are still
usable for queries of lists belonging to such and such topics.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

--
Olivier BERGER <address@concealed> (ATTENTION : new address)