devel - Re: [sympa-dev] topics.conf

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Serge Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: Mark K <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] topics.conf
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 10:00:32 +0100

Mark K a écrit :
I am planning on using SOAP to list the mailing
lists associated with a sourceforge project by making a topic for
each project that creates mailing lists. However, there is no
interface whatsoever that I see in wwsympa, sympa, or SOAP to edit
topics. It seems one has to just edit etc/topics.conf manually.
So, for the time being I have written a short perl script to do that
which I may turn into a module to be used by sympa.pl which I could
send upstream to you guys. I am wondering whether it might make more
sense to put topics into the DB, though. It would make it easier to
manage them instead of having to slurp a file in and out for every
topic change.
You are rigth. topics should be managed via Sympa web interface. It is part of the admin interface we want to improve. Of course it could be easier to develop it if topics.conf is replaced by a new table in Sympa database. Soap interface for that ? Why not.
It might also be cool to allow topics to be generated via include2 to
be a bit more flexible. This could cause issues when a topic that a
list belongs to might disappear I suppose...
I can't figure the relation of include2 with topics ? Do you mean that topics should be defined by LDAP and/or RDBMS queries ?

Please could you describe the requested features in the our forge : https://sourcesup.cru.fr/tracker/?group_id=23

Serge Aumont