devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Missing function in bounced.pl and bug reporting

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Micah Anderson <address@concealed>
  • To: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Missing function in bounced.pl and bug reporting
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 12:38:32 -0500

* David Verdin <address@concealed> [071210 01:53]:
> If you change line 376 from:
> &DoForward($listname, $forward, $robot, $entity) if (defined
> $forward);
> to:
> &List::DoForward($listname, $forward, $robot, $entity) if (defined
> $forward);
>
> without including DoForward() code in bounced.pl, does it fix the problem?

I have changed this as requested and ran things and bounced died again.
This time I can look at the 7610.stderr file which has:

Undefined subroutine &List::DoForward called at /home/sympa/bin/bounced.pl
line 376.

I am not calling bounced.pl with -d, I am simply starting it with
/etc/init.d/sympa start

> I guess you had troubles because you navigated in the authentication
> interface prior to login. So maybe it didn't have the informations about
> the page you were coming from anymore.

Yes this is it. And once I am in the user account manager, there is no way
to get from there back to where I was. If I manually go back to the
page, the authentication does not travel with me.

>It appears that our ergonomy isn't optimal. If you had any suggestions
>about how to improve it, please let us know.

I like that word 'ergonomy', I would call it UI (user interface), but
your choice of words conveys something more acute.

Now that I have logged in properly, if I log out again and attempt to
login, I am presented with a login box, rather than the 3 selections I
described in my previous email. This to me is much more intuitive
because I can login right away, and if I do not have an account I can
create one there. If this could be the default for new users I think it
would be very helpful, however I believe that if you have never logged
in you are presented with the "To connect to 'sourcesup.cru.fr'..." page
which has these multiple options.

>> Well you likely do not have the correct conditions which cause the
>> problem, when I run it, it runs fine for quite some time until a
>> certain type of message is processed. Based on my logs it looks like
>> it is an ARF message from AOL. Until such message comes in, things run
>> fine, but once bounced.pl needs to process it, thats when things
>> crash. I suspect that to reproduce it you would have to have your
>> sympa setup to process ARF bounces and have an ARF message queued.

> That's it. If you could send us one of these message files, we could try
> to reproduce the bug here. That way, we could find what's wrong with
> bounced.pl.

I will see if I can extract one of these and then send it along.

Micah