devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Missing function in bounced.pl and bug reporting

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: Micah Anderson <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Missing function in bounced.pl and bug reporting
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 17:28:17 +0100

Hi,

Micah Anderson a écrit :
When I click Login on the bug page, I'm directed to federation.cru.fr,
"To connect to 'sourcesup.cru.fr'...". Here I have three options to
connect:

1. If your Home Organization is present in the list below select it to
connect with our Home Organization account:

2. If your have a CRU account, use it to connect:

3. Else create a CRU account:
I didn't know what a "CRU account" was, in fact I dont know what CRU is
at all...
Knowing is good: CRU is the name of the organization hosting sourcesup (our forge) and which manages Sympa. :)
so I assumed I didn't have one (although I created an account
to report bugs in the past), so I chose #3. From there I realized I did
not want to create an account, that I wanted to try and login with my
existing one, so I clicked the "Log in" link in the upper left
(http://federation.cru.fr/sac/faces/pages/CAS_login.jsp). There I was
able to login with my existing account, but was not brought back to the
bug page, but instead to "CRU account manager" where I can change
details of my account, and I have links to "My groups" and "Create a
group", neither which is populated with anything at all.

I realize now I should have chosen option #2 above, but the path I took
led me to actually login and once I was logged in I couldn't do anything
useful.
Indeed, you already had a CRU account. the former accounts have been migrated to the new login system.
Then, you can log in with your email address and your former password. If you don't remember it, it can be sent to you.
I guess you had troubles because you navigated in the authentication interface prior to login. So maybe it didn't have the informations about the page you were coming from anymore.

It appears that our ergonomy isn't optimal. If you had any suggestions about how to improve it, please let us know.
If I copy the DoForward subroutine into bounced.pl then I can run in debug mode. I presume that the subroutines located in sympa.pl are normally available to bounced.pl?
Well, normally yes.
My problem is : I can't reproduce the problem with our 5.3.4 version : I can launch bounced.pl in debug mode without any problem.

Well you likely do not have the correct conditions which cause the
problem, when I run it, it runs fine for quite some time until a certain
type of message is processed. Based on my logs it looks like it is an
ARF message from AOL. Until such message comes in, things run fine, but
once bounced.pl needs to process it, thats when things crash. I suspect
that to reproduce it you would have to have your sympa setup to process
ARF bounces and have an ARF message queued.

That's it. If you could send us one of these message files, we could try to reproduce the bug here. That way, we could find what's wrong with bounced.pl.

David Verdin
Comité réseau des universités