devel - RE: [sympa-dev] Bypass moderation by putting a password in the email?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: "Jason Holland" <address@concealed>
  • To: "John Kirkland" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-dev] Bypass moderation by putting a password in the email?
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 17:27:09 -0600

This is what I ended up doing. Since its not that easy for regular users to
add another header to their emails I changed the scenario and added an
additional line of code to mail.pm.

1. The scenario is this. (I add a new scenario per list with a new password):
--------------------
title.us Password - Requires password in body

match([msg_body],/x_PASSWORD_x/) smtp -> do_it
true() smtp,smime,md5 -> reject
--------------------

2. Then I added a line of code to mail.pm in the sendto subroutine:
--------------------
sub sendto {
my($msg_header, $msg_body, $from, $rcpt, $robot, $encrypt) = @_;
do_log('debug2', 'mail::sendto(%s, %s, %s', $from, $rcpt, $encrypt);

$msg_body =~ s/x_.+_x//i; # Strip out any passwords from message body

my $msg;

Of course I will need to keep track of this patch to mail.pm so I can
re-patch it when my company decides to upgrade.

Thanks,
Jason