devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Silently dropping "Unroutable address" error

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Berger <address@concealed>
  • To: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Silently dropping "Unroutable address" error
  • Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 22:34:20 +0100

Le jeudi 06 décembre 2007 à 10:22 +0100, David Verdin a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Olivier Berger a écrit :

> 2) if I try and post from WWS, then the sender is sympa, so the bounce
> > is sent back to sympa, which seems to drop that bounce message...
> >
> To answer your question : it's a bug for the reasons exposed above, but
> we will fix it. Either by changing the behaviour of Sympa, or by
> notifying the listmaster. This last option, however, would be a short
> term solution.

Thanks for you clarifications on the sending mechanisms, which obviously
may be improved.

So just to clarify a bit further, any "unroutable message"-like bounce
sent back to sympa@ will be silently dropped ?
It seems to me this is not good indeed... however, maybe that's a very
rare case, as most bounces would be sent back to sympa-request@ and not
sympa@ ?

My 2 cents,
--