devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Bypass moderation by putting a password in the email?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: John Kirkland <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Bypass moderation by putting a password in the email?
  • Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 11:13:06 -0600

I also moved from Lyris to Sympa.

What I do is put a header in the email with my "password" in it.

To accomplish this, I did:
1. Create custom "send" scenario that looks like this:
--------------------
title.us Password Newsletter -- requires PASSWD Header

match([header->PASSWD],/password/) smtp -> do_it
true() smtp,smime,md5 -> reject
--------------------

2. Configure sympa via /etc/sympa.conf to remove the password from the headers with this line:
remove_headers Return-Receipt-To,Precedence,X-Sequence,Disposition-Notification-To,PASSWD

3. Configure your list to use the custom send scenario, and any messages with the password in the header can bypass moderation... Actually... in my example above, any message missing the password is outright rejected.

Regards,
John

address@concealed wrote:
Hello,

I am working on moving our list services from Lyris to Sympa. One thing Lyris
allows a list owner to do is bypass moderation by putting a password in the
body of the email. Is this something Sympa can do and if so where can this be
configured?

Thanks for your time,
Jason