devel - Re: [sympa-dev] [proposal] new object class: Message.pm

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] [proposal] new object class: Message.pm
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 10:33:40 +0100

address@concealed wrote:

> Attached is a proposal for a new object class for encapsulating
> messages read by Sympa, which would solve the following problems:
> * factorize lots of code duplication;
> * get rid of /tmp/smime-sender$$ (src/tools.pl line 351);
> * solve bug named "Broken S/MIME signature" in CVS KNOWNBUGS;
Your mail probably refer to a solved bug. KNOWNBUGS is not uptodate !
http://listes.cru.fr/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/sympa/src/tools.pl?rev=1.67&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
)
> * improve extensibility by not having to special-case many function
> prototypes (e.g. do we have to pass the headers, the
> body, or both to this function? Never mind, let us pass a Message).
>
> The impact on existing code is minimal: to begin with, we would just
> replace all invocations of a MIME::Parser with a
> Message->read("/some/filename"), and the inheritance mechanisms of
> Perl would do the rest (Messages are MIME::Entities which also are
> Mail::Internet's).

That's a idea we had, and we are very pleased if some one can contribute
to do it. You are welcome.

There is also a two importante features related to S/MIME to introduce
into Sympa. As a IDX-PKI developper, aren't you the right person to
introduce it into Sympa ?
-a LDAP search in order to find the user certificate
-check revocation when using a certificate based on CRL (that already
can be updated by the task_manager)

Regards

Serge Aumont Comité Réseaux des Universités
Campus Beaulieu
35042 Rennes Cedex