devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Improvements for Debian packaging

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: address@concealed (J�r�me Marant)
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Improvements for Debian packaging
  • Date: 13 Dec 2000 17:38:20 +0100

Olivier Salaun <address@concealed> writes:

> Sympa and WWSympa are close and will get closer. Future releases will
> have
> a single config file (sympa.conf & wwsympa.conf together).
> We'd recommend a single package for both.

Ok then. It would be great to advertise it a bit more :-).
Will the use of WWSympa stay optional ?

> Certs are for Sympa/WWSympa's use only => path should contain "sympa" in
> it
> This directory will grow (no subscribers), it's not exactly
> configuration-related

Ok. I'll come up on this latter. This is lower priority for me.

> > Currently, both edit_list.conf and create_list.conf install in ETCBINDIR.
> > IMHO, they should be installed in CONFDIR.
>
> The logic is the same for scenari/ tempaltes/ :
> defaults are in ETCBINDIR ; it is overwritten at installation time
> site admin can overwrite these in etc/

Agreed.

> > It would also be great to have a separate SSLCERTDIR for installing ssl
> > certificates
> > in the right place. [unless they need postprocessings ]
>
> We should rather add a configuration parameter in sympa.conf.

Agreed.

> > /etc/wwsympa : wwsympa configuration files
> > wwsympa.conf
>
> => /etc/sympa/wwsympa.conf

Agreed.

> > /var/spool/wwsympa : archive files for wwsympa
> > /var/spool/wwsympa/archive
> > /var/spool/wwsympa/bounce

And what about these ? Should I use something like:
/var/spool/sympa/wwsarchive
/var/spool/sympa/wwsbounce

> It is one product.
Understood :-)

> What we miss is a LIBDIR in the Makefile for every perl modules to be
> installed
Right.

Thanks for your help.

Do you have any idea about the date of a new beta release ? Thanks.

--
Jérôme Marant <address@concealed>

http://jerome.marant.free.fr