devel - filtering out headers

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Fil <address@concealed>
  • To: Sympa-Dev <address@concealed>
  • Subject: filtering out headers
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 10:52:38 +0100

Hi all,

For a distribution list (editorkeyonly) I want to have a better control on
headers :

1* remove some headers like 'Delivered-To:' which indicates what is
the posting-address of the list (no-one needs it except the editor) ;
'Resent-From:', 'Sender', and others

2* modify some headers added by sympa (like the List-Subscribe:)

3* add custom headers

via the parameter
custom_header header-field: value

I know 1* can be done via a procmail script before delivery to sympa ;
I know 3* can be done with "custom_header header-field: value" ;

I think 2* can be done with, for example, "rfc2369_header_fields
help,subscribe"
and "custom_header List-Unsubscribe: My Custom Unsubscribe".

I guess we should try to incorporate 1* into sympa, by adding a parameter
remove_headers X-Header: X-Head: X-Face: Delivered-To:

I'll try to play with src/List.pm and let you know. Please comment.

-- Fil