en - Re: [en@sympa] Mailman2 to Sympa on new Server

  • From: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [en@sympa] Mailman2 to Sympa on new Server
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2024 09:26:26 +0100

On 23/01/2024 23:39, Konstantin Lepikhov wrote:
Hi Scott!

On 01/23/2024, at 04:09:20 PM you wrote:

Konstantin,

Thanks for your reply. I did use your code. However it still appears to be
for moving from mailman to sympa on the same server. Rather than a new
server. And my issue is the new server does not support mailman and thus is
not really easy to install it on. And when I'm running your script I'm
getting these errors over and over again. Any idea what I may be missing?

Use of uninitialized value $mmcfg in pattern match (m//) at lib/mmparse.pm
line 106.
Use of uninitialized value $mmcfg in pattern match (m//) at lib/mmparse.pm
line 122.
Use of uninitialized value $mmcfg in pattern match (m//) at lib/mmparse.pm
line 126.
Use of uninitialized value $mmcfg in pattern match (m//) at lib/mmparse.pm
line 44.
Use of uninitialized value $mmcfg in pattern match (m//) at lib/mmparse.pm
line 51.
Use of uninitialized value $mmcfg in pattern match (m//) at lib/mmparse.pm
line 58.
Use of uninitialized value $mmcfg in pattern match (m//) at lib/mmparse.pm
line 65.
Use of uninitialized value $mmcfg in pattern match (m//) at lib/mmparse.pm
line 72.
Use of uninitialized value $mmcfg in pattern match (m//) at lib/mmparse.pm
line 79.
Use of uninitialized value $mmcfg in pattern match (m//) at lib/mmparse.pm
line 86.
Use of uninitialized value $mmcfg in pattern match (m//) at lib/mmparse.pm
line 93.

yes, the script fails because it's unable to find mailman config on new
server (I've missed the fact that you installing sympa on server without
mailman).

Okay, then you can do the following:

- just copy mailman configuration and list data from old server to new
server where you install sympa. Scripts itself don't require mailman, so
just have list data and mm config is enough.

From old mailman server you need:
- your mailman list configuration files (usually in /var/lib/mailman or
/usr/local/lib/mailman for local install).
- your list archives (same dir as list configuration)
- contents of /usr/share/mailman dir to unpicke list configuration.

On new server make sure that you have python2 and python2 json module,
jq, perl, perl-JSON and perl-DBI modules, awk and sed (or use docker
container with those tools installed and remove it after migration).

Current servers use Python 3, Python2 is EOL.

Regards
Racke

--
Automation expert - Ansible and friends