en - [en@sympa] Quotes/ no quotes on poster Display Name in a post's FROM

  • From: "Widerski, Betty" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [en@sympa] Quotes/ no quotes on poster Display Name in a post's FROM
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 16:45:21 +0000

This may be a Microsoft problem not Sympa's but asking if you have any ideas/workarounds:

My users and security team have noticed that when an individual posts to a Sympa list their Outlook Display Name is in quotes, like
        From: address@concealed <address@concealed> On Behalf Of "Doe, Jane"

But when the posting address is from a delegated address (e.g., jdoe is allowed to post as treewarden) the On Behalf Of Display name is not in quotes, like