en - Re: [en@sympa] Moderation messages failing DKIM verification

  • From: Joe Meslovich <address@concealed>
  • To: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [en@sympa] Moderation messages failing DKIM verification
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 16:33:42 +0000

It may be some time until we have other examples.  We are still testing Sympa and haven't stumbled on anything else yet that is failing.  I will update you if we discover anything else.  The only thing failing so far is the message a moderator gets when someone posts to a moderated list.  It contains an attachment and links to accepting or rejecting the message.  We use Exchange Online and have the feature turned on that re-writes links to check them for phishing and malware.  However I believe the re-write of the links happens after the message is accepted by Exchange Online and the DKIM signature is verified.  So testing messages after the fact if we download the .eml will fail the body hash because the links have been re-written.

Joseph Meslovich

Network Administrator & IT Security Officer
Information Technology Center
Bridgewater College