en - [en@sympa] Moderation messages failing DKIM verification

  • From: Joe Meslovich <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [en@sympa] Moderation messages failing DKIM verification
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 15:59:32 +0000

My college is in the process of trying out Sympa as a potential replacement to Mailman v2.  We are testing enabling DKIM in Sympa.  The test list is using the editorkey sending scenario. Messages being sent through the list are arriving properly signed and verified.  However when someone sends a message that is held for moderation the moderation email sent to the moderator is failing DKIM verification and going to Junk. Other messages from Sympa seem fine, but moderation messages are failing DKIM verification.

I’m not seeing anything obviously wrong with the DKIM signature.  The moderation message listed a slightly different list of header values that it expects to be hashed in the verification than the other DKIM signed messages coming from Sympa.  Is there some specific setting I should be looking at for when DKIM is failing for moderation emails but not other DKIM signed messages?

v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed; d= rockycontender.bridgewater.edu; h=content-transfer-encoding :content-type:date:from:message-id:mime-version:reply-to:subject :to; s=sympatest; i= address@concealed; bh=XmUlIG5Q BFX1H7ckMCH0v7l6tLCVqAj9U6VqPA3mrAY=; b=jfcfOI25cKb0gviIicl7N6AM Yo/g2bW+cBG2LWTTEsi9lqegpUSs8XFPrgMWH55AZzn8u6bA+/t5/DwtOu34Y4Al 68+mQ7mbz/fsGK/vlA3JSBdO4TG0k2eJgfAiDXb7mrps6qIUBJzG7KSSn3JbbBb7 OmcwjuNgdXnURsL8jPM=

Joseph Meslovich
Network Administrator & IT Security Officer
Information Technology Center
Bridgewater College
Phone: 540-828-5343 | bridgewater.edu