en - Re: [en@sympa] HTTPD 503 error

  • From: Edd Ramer <address@concealed>
  • To: Phil Stracchino <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [en@sympa] HTTPD 503 error
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 08:32:01 -0600

Phil,

The instructions for 6.2.72 tell us you don't need fastcgi if using a system with systemctl.  The instructions also tell you not to mix the two installation instructions.  From https://www.sympa.community/manual/install/configure-http-server-systemdsocket.html.

Note

  • Do not mix the instructions in this chapter with ones in the chapter "Using separate FastCGI service". They are incompatible each other, and even though they have the same name in the configuration files, their contents are different.

Thanks,
Edd Ramer,
Google Administrator,
Weber State University

You can reach me at:
Phone: 801-626-7843

On Wed, Jul 19, 2023 at 3:17 PM Phil Stracchino <address@concealed> wrote:
On 7/19/23 17:13, David Both wrote:
> HTTPD Error 503
>
> I am in the process of installing Sympa using the Fedora RPMs, sympa and
> sympa-httpd. I think I have everything configured and all the tests
> after completing various component integration steps all pass.
>
> However I get
>
> Service Unavailable
> The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
>
> When I try to go to http://www1.example.com/sympa on my server. I can
> get the http://www1.example.com/ page just fine so I know that Apache is
> working.
>
> Any suggestions? I can provide copies of my conf files.

Looks to me like something is wrong with your fastcgi installation or
configuration.  Try looking there first.

--
   Phil Stracchino
   Babylon Communications