en - Re: [en@sympa] Running Master-/Childlists on Sympa

  • From: Robert McNicholas <address@concealed>
  • To: Jörg Heise <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [en@sympa] Running Master-/Childlists on Sympa
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 13:47:50 -0700

Hi,

I think this might work properly if you use "data sources" to "include" the child list(s) in the parent list. It will definitely remove the duplicates, and the childlist won't be considered a subscriber so you won't have the problem with the childlist address receiving subscriber messages.

Newer versions of sympa even handle unsubscribing from a parent list when the address is included from a childlist by maintaining an 'exclude' list.

Hope this helps,

-Rob
UC Berkeley