en - [en@sympa] Running Master-/Childlists on Sympa

  • From: Jörg Heise <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [en@sympa] Running Master-/Childlists on Sympa
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 09:33:28 +0200

Hi All,

we're migrating from Lyris Listmanager to Sympa 6.2.70. In Lyris, we've been using Master-/Childlists and crossposting to send one posting to multiple lists by avoiding that members will receive crossposted duplicates.  We wonder how Sympa would handle this scenario. A test showed that Sympa sent successfully to the childlists we added as normal subscribers to the masterlist. And the childlists sent to their subscribers. Duplicates are not sorted out. That's not a real problem.
However, the childlists had the variables set as they would be the masterlist. I.e. [% user.email %] refers to the childlist-address rather the address of the subscriber. And [% listname %] refers to the name of the master-lis instead the childlist. So a subscriber of the childlist would get an unsubscribe-link to unsubscribe the childlist from the masterlist.
I understand the master/child-feature might just not be fully supported. But I want to ask if there is a way to set up this scenario in Sympa?
Thanks in advance.

Jörg Heise on behalf of the Goethe-Institut