en - Re: [en@sympa] Sympa 6.2.70 install problem with: sympa.pl --health_check

  • From: Tom Browder <address@concealed>
  • To: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [en@sympa] Sympa 6.2.70 install problem with: sympa.pl --health_check
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 06:10:38 -0600

On Tue, Dec 20, 2022 at 03:11 IKEDA Soji <address@concealed> wrote:
Hi Tom again,

I see garbage mixed in with the configuration example in the manual.

 >db_type SQLite
db_name /var/lib/sympa/sympa.sqlite

If you set it up like this, it won't work.  The inequality sign is

No, I did not use that. I will file an issue on github. Then I may try using PostgreSQL.

I have not visited this list in several years, but I am willing to consider reasonable paid support to get a non-commercial system up and running. I have searched online several times for paid services for Sympa support but have found none except Ikeda's.

And, following other threads, I think having a list of such on the Sympa site is reasonable. It's certainly done elsewhere.

As an aside, I did have a GNU Mailman (2) service running about 12 years ago but wasn't happy with the lack of list name flexibility. I then found Sympa (which also uses my then-favorite computer language) but I never had time to change over and kept hoping Mailman 3 would be the solution. However, it went awry, in my humble opinion, and got buried in a Python swamp, so I'm back here again in comfortable Perl territory hoping for more success with a little more time availlable.

Best regards,

-Tom
P.S. I'm surprised that, as much as Sympa seems to be used for schools and universities, some enterprising computer engineering graduate hasn't gone into the Sympa support business.