en - Re: [en@sympa] Latest release

  • From: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [en@sympa] Latest release
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 08:46:50 +0100

On 19/12/2022 21:48, Tom Browder wrote:
On Mon, Dec 19, 2022 at 1:46 PM Stefan Hornburg (Racke)
<address@concealed> wrote:
On 19/12/2022 19:34, Tom Browder wrote:
I really would like to get a Sympa list server going. What version should I
fall back to try since the latest 6.70* releases don't seem to be working?
I would be helpful to describe in which regards Sympa 6.2.70 isn't working
for you.

Hi, Stephan. I explained my problem in my previous email which I repeat here:

<begin>
I am trying to install from source (new installation) on a Debian 11
host with the SQLite database.

When I get to step "2. Create database file and table structure" and
run "# sympa.pl --health_check" I get the following error:

Database /var/lib/sympa/sympa.sqlite defined in sympa.conf has not
the right structure or is unreachable. Verify db_xxx parameters in
sympa.conf

The original (default) permissions on the file were 644 and I changed
them to 655 with no change in response.

I then tried the latest beta release and have the same problems.

Thanks for any help. (I surely must be doing something wrong).

Best regards,
</begin>

Maybe I should change and use PostgreSQL anyway?

Yes, that would be my recommendation.

Regards
Racke

Thanks.