en - [en@sympa] Adding subscribers via file inclusion taking a very long time

  • From: Ayhan Turgut <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [en@sympa] Adding subscribers via file inclusion taking a very long time
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 21:51:14 +0000

We are currently running version 6.2.64 and users have started to complain about subscribers not updating in a timely manner.

Our latest list owner asked us to include 29000 users in their list and it has been updating for a few hours now.

In our previous version this would take a few minutes at most.

We are running mysql version 8 and the sql process is using a large percentage of the cpu resources.

When I check the processlist within mysql I can see two processes that are actually doing something.  One is running an insert query into the subscriber_table and the other is either waiting for the lock for subscriber_table or running some other query.  And there are another 8-10 processes under the sympa user that are just in sleep command.  Our my.conf file doesn’t have any customizations and am wondering if this is causing the slow down.  I believe this is also causing a delay in our outbound messages.

Any help would be much much appreciated.

Thanks

Ayhan