en - Re: [en@sympa] How secure is sympa vs mailman

  • From: Phil Stracchino <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [en@sympa] How secure is sympa vs mailman
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 13:18:47 -0400

On 10/6/22 03:41, David Verdin wrote:
Hi Jonathan,

If this is your need, then not really.

Sympa has limited newsletter features: it can send a web page, that you
would have composed somewhere else. But it does it right, in
multipart/related, so you don't have remote images in the mail you send.

However you can't compose the HTML newsletter in Sympa.

And you can certainly not use Sympa to track click counts from email
receipients which is, on my opinion and from a privacy respect point of
view, a good thing.

I am not aware that Mailman could do that either, but I did not check
Mailman features since a long time.

As far as I'm aware Mailman doesn't either. If you're looking for a marketing tool to send out bulk mailings and track clicks etc, probably neither Sympa nor Mailman is the tool for you.

--
Phil Stracchino
Babylon Communications