en - Re: [en@sympa] How secure is sympa vs mailman

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [en@sympa] How secure is sympa vs mailman
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 09:41:35 +0200

Hi Jonathan,

If this is your need, then not really.

Sympa has limited newsletter features: it can send a web page, that you would have composed somewhere else. But it does it right, in multipart/related, so you don't have remote images in the mail you send.

However you can't compose the HTML newsletter in Sympa.

And you can certainly not use Sympa to track click counts from email receipients which is, on my opinion and from a privacy respect point of view, a good thing.

I am not aware that Mailman could do that either, but I did not check Mailman features since a long time.

Regards,

David