en - Re: [sympa-users] Message tracking does not seem to work with exim

  • From: Rob Lister <address@concealed>
  • To: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Message tracking does not seem to work with exim
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 13:43:57 +0100

Hi Stefan,

I have this working on exim, are you using Debian-exim split config or the
stock install with single config file?

I'd be happy to share the config for it.

You need some router config in exim to tell it what to pass to sympa,
and a bit of transport config to tell it how to handle it.

"exim -d -bt <address>" is the way to debug that.

We have a setup with two servers - an external MX/smarthost which then
accepts mail and if it's for sympa, forwards it internally to the sympa server.

Outgoing mail from sympa all goes out via the smarthost.

Rob