en - Re: [sympa-users] Outlook shows Mime-Footer as attachment. Workaround?

  • From: David Carter <address@concealed>
  • To: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Outlook shows Mime-Footer as attachment. Workaround?
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 10:04:37 +0100

On 27/10/2021 09:22, IKEDA Soji wrote:

That used to work rather nicely. Of course most of the world sends HTML
email these days, and you can't mess with text/html safely.

What version of Sympa do you using?

6.2.66. I just ran a test with footer=append, and it added the text to both the text/plain and text/html parts. Interesting. I'm pretty sure that didn't used to be the case. Thanks for the information.

Now I need to decide whether to change the default from footer=mime to footer=append, or at least expose the value to list owners, given the default:

footer_type owner,privileged_owner hidden

--
David Carter Email: address@concealed
University of Cambridge, Phone: (01223) 334502