en - [sympa-users] Outlook shows Mime-Footer as attachment. Workaround?

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Outlook shows Mime-Footer as attachment. Workaround?
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 09:54:28 +0200

In Sympa 6.2.64 we need an HTML-Footer to have a clickable mailto-link to unsubscribe. With footer_type "Mime" we have HTML, but in some older mail clients (especially Outlook) it is not added as new Mime part, but appears as attachment to the mail.

This is not acceptable, because the Datenschutzgrundverordnung (DSGVO) requires a 1- or 2-click-solution for unsubscribing. It must be obvious how to unsubscribe and it must be as easy as technical possible. Thats not true, if the unsubscribe-link is not visible in the message, but hidden in an attachment, which is easily overlooked.

Is there a workaround to prevent Outlook from showing the footer as attachment?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Jörg Heise