en - [sympa-users] List migration to new version server, wwsympa date strangeness (was Re: Unnatural experiments)

  • From: "Mail administrator, Otto Makela" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] List migration to new version server, wwsympa date strangeness (was Re: Unnatural experiments)
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 14:13:03 +0300

I've experimented with transferring data from an old Sympa 6.1.4 installation
and letting the new Sympa 6.2.62 installation upgrade it.

So, what I do on the new test server as sympa is:

ssh -q sympa@oldserver /usr/bin/mysqldump sympa | /usr/bin/mysql -D sympa

Which cleanly copies the whole sql database over. Then starting the new sympa
will attempt to upgrade it, and with a couple of tweaks (mostly since my new
test server now has a different host name from the old) seem to work
correctly.

I specially note that in the subscriber_table, the values date_subscriber
and update_subscriber have been correctly transferred over as datetime types,
and hold the correct values if I view a subscriber record in the database.

However, the wwsympa UI displays these dates (for all subscribers, for all
groups) just as "01 Jan 1970", typically meaning it is unable to parse them.

Is there some well-known gotcha here?

--
address@concealed (Mail Administrator, Otto J. Makela)

  • [sympa-users] List migration to new version server, wwsympa date strangeness (was Re: Unnatural experiments), Mail administrator, Otto Makela, 09/10/2021