en - RE: [sympa-users] send scenario - closed with reject message

  • From: "McLaren, Terry" <address@concealed>
  • To: Matt Taggart <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] send scenario - closed with reject message
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 16:02:07 +0000

Unfortunately, not. I've tested a few use cases on both 6.1.23 and 6.2.62.
In both instances the custom 'who can send' scenario below generates a
generic system reject message vs a list's reject message.

----- reject with message scenario -----
title.gettext closed-sendRejectMsg

true() smtp,smime,md5 ->
reject(reason='rejectMessage')
That said, if a list is using a moderated scenario AND the message is
rejected by the moderator then yes, sympa uses the list's reject message.

I also tested the closed scenario and noticed the same generic system message
was sent for either the 'reject w/msg' or 'closed' scenarios

---- closed scenario -----
title.gettext closed

true() smtp,smime,md5 ->
reject(reason='send_closed')
------
Here's the generic system reject message:
----
This is an automatic response sent by Sympa Mailing Lists Manager.
Impossible to distribute your message for list 'address@concealed'
for the following reason:

Your message for list 'test' (attached below) was rejected.
You are not allowed to send this message for the following reason:

you are not allowed to perform this action.
For further information, please contact
'address@concealed'
Here's a sample of the list's reject message
(manage_template/ls_template/listName/reject)
-----------
Your message for list 'address@concealed' has been rejected.

This list has moved to address@concealed

In summary:
- A mail list's reject message IS sent when a list is moderated and an
inbound is rejected. (working as designed)
- The generic system close/reject message is sent when the above
'closed-sendRejectMsg' scenario is used.

Q: Is there a way to send a custom reject or closed message for a list that
has been closed by the owner?

Thank you,

Terry McLaren