en - [sympa-users] Remove all list subscribers with one command

  • From: "Silvers, Tim" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Remove all list subscribers with one command
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 14:57:32 +0000

Hi. Is it possible to remove all subscribers using a single email command? A user may remove themselves from all lists using a single email command [1], as documented in the support documentation. However, there doesn’t appear to be a command allowing owners to remove all subscribers with a similar wildcard command.

It’s possible to remove multiple subscribers from the web UI, but that only permits removing 500 at a time. That’s great, but it is not ideal for very large lists with thousands or tens of thousands of members. Yes, we have some large lists, and smaller ones, where the owner(s) want to replace all subscribers using a new source list. So, they want to remove them all quickly and replace the list with new members regularly. Is there a method for doing this? We’re using Sympa 6.2.60.

[1] UNSUBSCRIBE * email: unsubscribe from all the lists to which you are subscribed

Thanks,

Tim