en - Re: [sympa-users] Include File Clarification

  • From: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Include File Clarification
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 08:52:36 +0200

On 24/06/2021 18:15, True, James Scott wrote:
We have lists using the include file option in data sources. The problem
seems to be that no subscribers are removed if the include file changes.

When testing this on a small scale with a new list, we see that if initially
we load the file with 5 subscribers. We sync and see the five subscribers are
subscribed. Then we change the include file to 1 subscriber and then
synchronize subscribers again, there are still 5 subscribers. If a subscriber
is removed from the include file, they are not removed from the list when
synchronized.

Are we misunderstand how the include file works? If a subscriber is no longer
in the file, should that subscribers be removed from the list after synching?

Yes definitely. I don't use include file, but for other inclusions that I use
it works that way.

Please let us know:

- Sympa version
- Configuration of your include file
- Log messages related to the inclusion (search for sync_include)

Regards
Racke

Thank you for any information can provide.

*Jim True*

Campus Communications Infrastructure

Indiana University

812-855-7519