en - [sympa-users] Include File Clarification

  • From: "True, James Scott" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Include File Clarification
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 16:15:41 +0000

We have lists using the include file option in data sources. The problem seems to be that no subscribers are removed if the include file changes.

When testing this on a small scale with a new list, we see that if initially we load the file with 5 subscribers. We sync and see the five subscribers are subscribed. Then we change the include file to 1 subscriber and then synchronize subscribers again, there are still 5 subscribers. If a subscriber is removed from the include file, they are not removed from the list when synchronized.

Are we misunderstand how the include file works? If a subscriber is no longer in the file, should that subscribers be removed from the list after synching?

Thank you for any information can provide.

Jim True

Campus Communications Infrastructure

Indiana University

812-855-7519