en - Re: [sympa-users] Incorrect checksum

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: Ian Miller <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Incorrect checksum
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 10:48:38 +0900

Hi Ian,

On Fri, 7 May 2021 09:51:55 +0000
Ian Miller <address@concealed> wrote:

> We're using Sympa 6.1.24 from Ubuntu packages, with exim as our MTA.
>
> An end user has requested a new list, which seems to have worked OK.
> However, instead of the notifications going to the listmasters, we got a
> few of these instead (real domain changed):
>

> "User SYMPA <address@concealed> has encountered an internal server
> error (message diffusion - MSG_ID:
> <address@concealed>):
>

> Message ignored because incorrect checksum
>

> See the logs for more details."

I guess the user posted the message in question using web interface
(via "Post" menu).

The earlier version of Sympa (6.1.x or earlier) added a "checksum"
to the messages posted with web interface, and checked it to confirm
that the message had been posted properly. Changing some parameters
including "domain" may invalidate this checksum.

> The logs don't seem to have much more detail, but I can find the 'bad'
> messages in the var spool and they look fine, except that after the initial
> notification messages there are also messages which look like this (domain
> changed again):
>

> ------------=address@concealed
>

> Impossible to distribute your message for list '' because of an internal
> server error.
>
> For further information, please contact -request@
>

> What could be causing these errors? Where should I be looking next?

At first, confirm that you haven't changed any parameters except
"domain" parameter: Compare "sympa.conf" file before and after changing.

If you can be sure, you can deliver the message doing as below:

1. Stop the Sympa services.

2. Edit the message in question left in the "bad" directory to
remove a line beginning with "X-Sympa-Checksum:".

3. Copy the message above into the parent of "bad" directory (Maybe
it is "msg" directory).

4. Start the Sympa services.

Hope this helps.

Regards,