en - Re: [sympa-users] How to create Superlists and sublists with sympa

  • From: Thomas Scheffczyk <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] How to create Superlists and sublists with sympa
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 13:50:13 +0200

Am 06.04.21 um 13:17 schrieb Charis Koutsouris:
Hello Everyone,

I am a sympa newbie so please excuse my ignorance as i was not able to find something relevant in the list archives. I have recently installed sympa 6.2.40 and verified its working great. I have a couple of test lists with a handful of subscribers each and emails are being distributed and archived correctly.

The thing is I am in need to have a nested set of lists in a Superlist and sublists style, that way If a message is sent to the superlist, then that message will also be sent to the sub list(s).

Currently when I subscribe a list to another I get the following error in the logs when a post is sent:

sympa_msg[3985]: err main::#243 > Sympa::Spindle::spin#83 > Sympa::Spindle::ProcessIncoming::_twist#285 Ignoring message which would cause a loop; message appears to be an auto-reply

I would be obliged if you could provide some pointers or an example implementation of a superlist.

Thank you in advance

Charis

Hi Charis,

you can use lists as data sources for other lists.

Create the separate lists first, e.g. faculty@..., students@..., staff@..., guests@... and then the superlist all@... You'll find the data sources configuration in the admin area of a list in ›Edit list config -> Data sources setup‹.

Best regards

Thomas

Mail  address@concealed  Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz
Tel.  +49 6131 39 26399               Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung
GnuPG B84D 8BE9 6F5C A832 60A2        Anselm-Franz-von-Bentzel-Weg 12
      41C0 C483 76EB AA49 FA72        55128 Mainz
begin:vcard
fn:Thomas Scheffczyk
n:Scheffczyk;Thomas
org;quoted-printable;quoted-printable:Johannes Gutenberg-Universit=C3=A4t Mainz;Zentrum f=C3=BCr Datenverarbeitung
adr:;;Anselm-Franz-von-Bentzel-Weg 12;Mainz;Rheinland-Pfalz;55128;Deutschland
email;internet:address@concealed
tel;work:+49-6131-39-26399
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
version:2.1