en - Re: [sympa-users] How to create Superlists and sublists with sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] How to create Superlists and sublists with sympa
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 13:40:45 +0200

Hi Vharis,

It is a common beginner erro, no worries.

You must never subscribe a list to another one. It is indeed a source a message loops. For example, if you subscribe list A to list B, list b to list C and list C to list A, when you send a mail to listA, it will sent it to list B, which will send it to list C, which sends it to list A, which send it to list B, ad infinitum.

You will only include the sublists into a superlist, using the list data source parameter.

In the list configuration > datasources section of your list admin, just add the name of the list to include. This sublist's subscribers will be included in the superlist. You can include as many lists as you wish, in as many hierarchy levels as you need.

Regards,

David