en - Re: [sympa-users] Data sources scaling

  • From: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Data sources scaling
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 08:53:51 +0100

On 2/9/21 5:24 PM, Markus Jylhaenkangas wrote:
> Hi Soji,
>

> In the first place, what is the version of Sympa you are using?
>

> I am using 6.2.60
>

>   - on large lists with synchronization, distribution_ttl parameter of the
> list config (by default undefined) should be
> set as larger than the value of ttl parameter (by default 3600 seconds) so
> that synchronization won’t be launched when
> delivery starts.
>

> Thanks for the advice!
>

> My concern is fetching of the data from the external database. If I have
> understood correctly Sympa executes the defined
> SQL query at intervals, so in our case it could be quite a lot of data that
> would get fetched frequently,
>
> even for lists and members that have not been modified since last query.

Hello Marcus,

you should check if that is a real concern. Only the email addresses need to
go over to the Sympa server.

How many lists / members we are talking about?

> Is there any optimizations for this part or possibility to optimize it with
> configurations?
>
> Or is there way to programmatically trigger the sync process for specific
> list, so we could update only the lists that
> have changed?

You can sync lists from the commandline:

~ sympa --address@concealed

This can be expanded in a custom script, that's not particularly difficult.

Regards
Racke

> Best regards,
>
> Markus

Debian and Sympa administration. Provisioning with Ansible.