en - RE: [sympa-users] Data sources scaling

  • From: Markus Jylhaenkangas <address@concealed>
  • To: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Data sources scaling
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2021 16:24:07 +0000

Hi Soji,

In the first place, what is the version of Sympa you are using?

I am using 6.2.60

  - on large lists with synchronization, distribution_ttl parameter of the list config (by default undefined) should be set as larger than the value of ttl parameter (by default 3600 seconds) so that synchronization won’t be launched when delivery starts.

Thanks for the advice!

My concern is fetching of the data from the external database. If I have understood correctly Sympa executes the defined SQL query at intervals, so in our case it could be quite a lot of data that would get fetched frequently,

even for lists and members that have not been modified since last query.

Is there any optimizations for this part or possibility to optimize it with configurations?

Or is there way to programmatically trigger the sync process for specific list, so we could update only the lists that have changed?

Best regards,

Markus