en - [sympa-users] Data sources scaling

  • From: Markus Jylhaenkangas <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Data sources scaling
  • Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2021 15:19:05 +0000

Hi all,

I’m currently experimenting with synchronizing Sympa data from external data source. We have service which has all the information about lists with members, owners and administrators, and these should be synchronized from this source to Sympa (only one way).

I have understood that data sources (SQL) for member/owner/admin synchronization and SOAP API for list creation could be used to achieve this. But we have 60k lists with members anywhere between 1 and 40k per list and there should be max 1 hour delay with the sync, preferably faster.

So I am wondering how well does the SQL data sources scale? Or does it scale?

And also if there is already better way of doing this that I have missed?

I would love to hear some feedback on this and experiences in scaling this.

Thanks

Best regards,

Markus