en - Re: [sympa-users] Anyone using CockroachDB?

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Anyone using CockroachDB?
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2020 11:05:49 +0100

Hi,

I don't use it and, as I can see, a very scalable RDBMS might look a bit overkill for Sympa alone, as we're doing a quite light usage of the datbase compared to other systems.

Of course, if it is your main database cluster for the whoel information system, it makes sense to use it for Sympa too.

If it is like Postgres, you could probably use the DBD::Postgres module, which works perfectly well with Sympa. I did not find a specific Cockroach driver in CPAN.

I think that if you want to know more, you will need to experience it yourself...

Best regards,

David

P.S. : Side note: an interesting question regarding semi-free licence on their web site: https://www.cockroachlabs.com/blog/oss-relicensing-cockroachdb/