en - [sympa-users] Anyone using CockroachDB?

  • From: Tom Fillmore <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Anyone using CockroachDB?
  • Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2020 21:23:45 +0000

Hi, there -

I'm curious if anyone is using CockroachDB (https://www.cockroachlabs.com/).  It's more or less a drop in for PostGres, at least for the functions used by Sympa.  It uses the same drivers, wire protocol, and format as PostGres.
It's a lot easier to setup than PostGres, horizontally scalable and open source.  Also, it consists of just _one file_.  It's written in GoLang.

And, no, I don't work for them, I just like the product.  :)

Thanks!

Tom
Southern California

The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens...
- Baha'u'llah