en - RE: [sympa-users] [EXT] Is there a trick to moderate an individual user or e-mail?

  • From: Mark Valiukas <address@concealed>
  • To: "'Erik Olson'" <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] [EXT] Is there a trick to moderate an individual user or e-mail?
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2020 23:36:44 +0000

Hi Erik,

> Is there a way to force moderation on a user-by-user basis?

A suitable line in a custom send scenario.

> I have a couple of 'troublesome' users in an otherwise well-running list.
>  I'd like to leave them perma-moderated.  I have never seen anything in
> the configuration indicating this can be done through the UI.

No, I don't believe there is - others more familiar with the current sources
can probably explain the obstacles better than I, but I can't think of a way
to provide that option without EITHER the UI rewriting a custom send scenario
OR adding in some code to have the send scenario do a lookup against an extra
field in the user table for problematic users.

This solves the problem in some lists on my systems:
equal([sender], 'address@concealed') smtp,dkim,smime,md5 ->
editorkey

Similarly, this has the opposite effect in normally-moderated lists - or
lists for which the sender is not a subscriber (because they don't want the
noise) but need to shout at the list cohort:
equal([sender], 'address@concealed')
smtp,dkim,smime,md5 -> do_it

Kind regards,

Mark.