en - Re: [sympa-users] wwsympa: Unknown list "icons"

  • From: Gerard Ranke <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] wwsympa: Unknown list "icons"
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2020 18:51:36 +0200

On 23-07-2020 18:12, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
> On 7/23/20 5:58 PM, Gerard Ranke (via sympa-users Mailing List) wrote:
>> Dear sympa users,
>>
>> Sympa lists are much used on our institute, and since it runs well we
>> have been putting off upgrading for a long time. But with the recent
>> fcgi vulnerabilities it is finally time to go ahead with it. In order to
>> familiarize myself with the latest version I did a clean install from
>> source ( v 6.2.56 ) on a test server. Sympa itself, mariadb and
>> apache2.4 seem just fine, and I can login on the sympa webgui, but for
>> every action on the website the following is logged:
>>
>> 2020-07-23T17:27:12.797064+02:00 build wwsympa[19537]: info main::
>> [robot ml.hku.nl] [session 39556720697772] [client 10.1.0.4] [user
>> address@concealed] Unknown list "icons"
>>
>> No other errors are logged.
>> But try as I might, I cannot find a trace of a list called "icons". I
>> searched the sympa homedir and all the tables in the database, but the
>> only thing that comes close is the icons subdir in static-contect. As it
>> is now, the webgui lets me make a new list, but when I try to add a
>> subscriber, it won't go past the 'confirm' button, and no subscriber is
>> added.
>>
>> Does anybody have any pointer on this?
>> I'm happy to supply config snippets, but there is a lot of it, so it's
>> probably better to only send what is needed.
>> Many thanks in advance and best regards,
>>

> Hello Gerard,
>
> maybe there is a problem in the web page itself, e.g. a link containing
> "icons" in a list context.
>
> Check the HTML source code and let your browser show you the resources it
> accessed (e.g. Web Console / Network in Firefox).
>
> Regards
> Racke

Hello Racke,

Yes, that was exactly what was wrong! In /etc/sympa/sympa.conf I had
included a png with a logo to be displayed, and referred to it as:

https://ml.hku.nl/sympa/static_content/icons/HKUlogo.png

instead of:

https://ml.hku.nl/static_content/icons/HKUlogo.png

The messages in the log are now gone, plus I can add users to lists!

Thanks very much!
Best,

gerard