en - [sympa-users] wwsympa: Unknown list "icons"

  • From: Gerard Ranke <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] wwsympa: Unknown list "icons"
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2020 17:58:35 +0200

Dear sympa users,

Sympa lists are much used on our institute, and since it runs well we
have been putting off upgrading for a long time. But with the recent
fcgi vulnerabilities it is finally time to go ahead with it. In order to
familiarize myself with the latest version I did a clean install from
source ( v 6.2.56 ) on a test server. Sympa itself, mariadb and
apache2.4 seem just fine, and I can login on the sympa webgui, but for
every action on the website the following is logged:

2020-07-23T17:27:12.797064+02:00 build wwsympa[19537]: info main::
[robot ml.hku.nl] [session 39556720697772] [client 10.1.0.4] [user
address@concealed] Unknown list "icons"

No other errors are logged.
But try as I might, I cannot find a trace of a list called "icons". I
searched the sympa homedir and all the tables in the database, but the
only thing that comes close is the icons subdir in static-contect. As it
is now, the webgui lets me make a new list, but when I try to add a
subscriber, it won't go past the 'confirm' button, and no subscriber is
added.

Does anybody have any pointer on this?
I'm happy to supply config snippets, but there is a lot of it, so it's
probably better to only send what is needed.
Many thanks in advance and best regards,

Gerard Ranke
HKU