en - Re: [sympa-users] wwsympa: Unknown list "icons"

  • From: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] wwsympa: Unknown list "icons"
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2020 18:12:43 +0200

On 7/23/20 5:58 PM, Gerard Ranke (via sympa-users Mailing List) wrote:
> Dear sympa users,
>
> Sympa lists are much used on our institute, and since it runs well we
> have been putting off upgrading for a long time. But with the recent
> fcgi vulnerabilities it is finally time to go ahead with it. In order to
> familiarize myself with the latest version I did a clean install from
> source ( v 6.2.56 ) on a test server. Sympa itself, mariadb and
> apache2.4 seem just fine, and I can login on the sympa webgui, but for
> every action on the website the following is logged:
>
> 2020-07-23T17:27:12.797064+02:00 build wwsympa[19537]: info main::
> [robot ml.hku.nl] [session 39556720697772] [client 10.1.0.4] [user
> address@concealed] Unknown list "icons"
>
> No other errors are logged.
> But try as I might, I cannot find a trace of a list called "icons". I
> searched the sympa homedir and all the tables in the database, but the
> only thing that comes close is the icons subdir in static-contect. As it
> is now, the webgui lets me make a new list, but when I try to add a
> subscriber, it won't go past the 'confirm' button, and no subscriber is
> added.
>
> Does anybody have any pointer on this?
> I'm happy to supply config snippets, but there is a lot of it, so it's
> probably better to only send what is needed.
> Many thanks in advance and best regards,

Hello Gerard,

maybe there is a problem in the web page itself, e.g. a link containing
"icons" in a list context.

Check the HTML source code and let your browser show you the resources it
accessed (e.g. Web Console / Network in Firefox).

Regards
Racke

Debian and Sympa administration. Provisioning with Ansible.