en - Re: [sympa-users] incoming email spooling in spool/msg but not getting processed?

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] incoming email spooling in spool/msg but not getting processed?
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 10:00:20 +0200

Hi Matthew,

Have a look at the spools anyway. It happened to me before on some rare occasions for weirdly encoded messages: the sympa_msg.pl stalls on the treatment of the weird message until you need to kill it or it crashes. Problem is: it stalls back (more or less like the proverbial empire - sorry, I had to do it) when meeting the message again in the spools.

You should have a look at the Sympa logs to see which message it was handling just before being locked and check what happened to this message.

If it happens to still be in the spools, I'm sure you could submit an issue to the Sympa Github  with the message attached and the corresponding logs, as the same problem could happen to somebody else.

Regards,

David